Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
After screening and discovering developmental delays, there are a multitude of action steps to take to ensure a child receives proper care. This information is set to help alleviate any confusion during this overwhelming time and provides next steps after understanding the child development module.
- • Screening for developmental milestones (what tools to use)
- • Why acting early intervention is important
- • Learning how to be an advocate
- • Providers understanding what developmental delays are
- • Understanding how to help children with developmental delays in families with SUD
- • What to say at a medical appointment
- • Reaching out for a referral
- • Navigating IEPs (who to contact)
- • Connecting families with resources and correct providers
- • Supporting families seeking care for children who have developmental delays
- • Checking in with yourself
- • Breaking the stigma around disabilities
- • Instilling hope
The following are courses for both families and providers. Choose the modules that more closely reflect you and your interest. For instance, if you are a provider and registered as such, click the series for providers. If you are a family member and have a different connection to this topic, choose the series for families.